Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Joys of learning new things!

So, while I have been stressing, pondering and trying very hard to be myself and learn what I am supossed to Hannah and Austin (yet again) show me how it is done!















Austin learned to ride his bike this week, and it only took him 5 minutes!! Now he is riding eveywhere. Although he was scared at first, not of the bike or of failing/falling but becasue we were riding in the parking lot and he was afraid of the cars. Once I explained to him that I was watching for the cars and would inform him of their presence, and once he trusted my ability to do so he rode... and rode and rode. With no hesitation, nothing holding him back. Meanwhile Hannah rode next to him cheering him on singing a song about him being bumblebee (from transformers) and telling him "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (phil. 4:13). I just sat back and smiled (well actually I ran alongside austin, but) truly kids sometimes have all the answers. Just trust in God, sing a song, and do it! That's what they were saying to each other and how I wished I could be like them. It is these moments that I remeber and am so impossibly proud to be their mom, and next time I will be singing a song along with them!

1 comment:

Alina said...

I love this story!! So beautiful. He is getting so big. Karis would have so much fun playing with them. Miss you!